SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
famcook

Food or liquid falling in Wolf AG range or any range door?

FamCook
10 years ago

So I have been lurking and reading for months on this site and have been able to find answers to almost all of my questions except the following:

Has anyone ever had trouble with food or liquid slipping/ falling into the vents on the top of the door in a Wolf AG range or any range for that matter? I was looking at a floor model that I really like. It has the features that I'm after, but the vents on the top on the oven door when you open it are very exposed to dripping butter. Let me explain . . .

I would never have given this a thought until cooking with my in-laws this summer at their vacation home. I was closing the oven door when my father in law reached over to spoon some butter and somehow the butter dripped into the vent of their oven door to the bottom. It looks terrible. Everyone tries to wipe it, but it's in between the glass. After that I always notice where the vents are placed on ovens. Maybe it's not an issue and was just a crazy fluke, but since my oven doesn't have those vents currently, I was curious to see if others had this problem.

**editing to add that my range door does have vents, they are on the outside undr the handle. Many others I have seen are inside the range door, but more out of the way than the Wolf AG.**

Thanks!

This post was edited by FamCook on Wed, Dec 4, 13 at 20:37

Comments (3)