SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gluecille

crafting just for fun vs taking orders

gluecille
18 years ago

After reading AdellaÂs post it made me thinkÂI donÂt do craft shows but occasionally sell things if people want to buy them, overall I make things to give as gifts. I guess that is why I craft, it relaxes me, I enjoy it. I love the way I feel when I finish a project sitting there looking at it and I really like to see someoneÂs face when I give them what I have made. I guess I consider when I am crafting as "me time".

When I take something into work to show my friends and they want to pay me to make them one, I tend to not want to make the project. It seems to take the enjoyment out of crafting.

Example I have been crocheting scarves for Christmas presents. I canÂt wait to see what each one looks like after I have finished. My DB and his girlfriend came over last week and she had a fit over them. She offered to buy the yarn and pay me to make her several. I donÂt know exactly how many she wanted but my stomach flip flopped. I think it is stressful I have to get these done- will she like them-I have to DO this. Some of you may remember the crocheted flip flops I posted. I had a lot of orders for them. It drove me CRAZY! I was so relieved to get all of those done.

I have thought about putting some things in a show, and if I ever do they will be completed projects when I put them in so that shouldnÂt be stressful. I donÂt mind a bit when someone buys something I have already made, it just stresses me out when I HAVE to make something.

Does anybody else feel this way?

Comments (6)