SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pupwhipped

'Cookin thangs' What would you choose?

pupwhipped
16 years ago

Y'all, think I've got it at least narrowed down somewhat. Would you go with an induction cooktop and then a microwave over oven combo of some sort? on an adjacent wall, or would you go with a slide-in electric cooktop with convection oven below with an Advantium 120 oven on the adjacent wall. My cooktop will be in an island area that is practically in the den...strange, I won't go any further into that story. But, I will say this is a remodel in a 1952 lake home we recently purchased. Please, no one suggest gas cooktop, I can't have that. My thinking is that induction would be nice cause with this strange configuration, people could be sitting on stools on the opposite side of my cooktop and it might be nice not to have hot to the touch surfaces there. Know what I mean? On the other hand, the kitchen is quite small and it might be better to have a range with oven underneath the cooktop. That way I could have an Advantium oven on another wall and it would not take up as much space as a stacked micro/oven combo. Am I makin any sense here? I'm not aware that you can have an induction cooktop with an oven below...well, not one that wouldn't be too low to the floor for me. Someone smarter then me out there give me an answer...and maybe even tell me what the heck I'm trying to ask. HA!

Needless to say, I'm new to this group and I am learning a great deal. I thank you in advance for any help or new ideas as I have much more to learn.

Comments (6)