SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtundermyfingers

Nervous, first craft show!!!

dirtundermyfingers
13 years ago

Well I have been wanting to do this for years now and a friend talked me into it and I am doing my first craft show on the 30th of this month. I have read some of the posts about things said at craft shows to prepare myself:) My crafts are kind of a combo of things. I am a stay at home mom and thrifter and garage saler so all of my crafts are unique and no two are the same. Any hints out there for me, what to expect, how to price things?? I am selling jams and jellys that I have made the price on those is 6 a pint or 2 for 10 dollars, does that sound reasonable?? I am planning on putting samples of my goodies out for taste tests. I am also selling dried soup mixes from veggies I dehydrated, tea cup pin cushions, hankie covered christmas balls, bottle cap magnets, muffin tin crayon. I have made labels for the canned goods and am working on tags for the other items.

I know that packaging and presentation are big things for craft shows so any unique ideas. I have some patterned plastic bags to wrap up the canned goods I sell. I am taking a variety and will have business cards if anyone wants to do follow up orders. The butterflies are already flying and I am spending any spare minutes making up crafts. I also have planned to make some halloween treats and have some dollar items, and things for kids so it is kind of a mix. Because I have gotten most of my supplies here and there, I am not really focusing on one item. I figure that this will be a good test run and will see what sells.

Any ideas, and things I might have forgotten would be appreciated (a few prayers wouldn't be out of order also)

Stacie

Comments (11)