SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madeline616_gw

Range hoods: Please Help! Broan Elite RMIP Pro-Style? Silencers??

Madeline616
12 years ago

Hello,

Popping over from Kitchens as I wade through tons of information to learn about ventilation in my kitchen. My contractor needs a decision this week to stay on schedule.

My biggest concerns are #1 noise level, and #2 ease of cleaning.

I need a power pack/"the guts" for inside a custom hood. Around 1100 cfm, vent pipe will be increased to 10", it'll go over a 36" either Wolf or Thermador. The cooktop is pretty far from the hood--not ideal, I know, but that's what it is. I have an inline blower in the attic, which I understand is a good thing as far as noise reduction...?

I've read about "silencers" but am a little confused about whether this is even an option for someone with an inline blower.

Our local salesman tells me that with an inline blower, noise shouldn't be an issue at all, but the current set up (FanTech with 502 cfm blower and 8" vent pipes) has an inline blower, and it's much noisier than I'd like.

Will the fact that I'm increasing cfm's make this system louder just because of the extra power?

He's recommending the Broan Elite RMIP-Pro-Style 45". Does anyone have/know about this insert? How loud it is, how easy to clean? Our local showrooms don't have them hooked up, so I can't demo.

I'm open to expensive, inexpensive, whatever will be quiet and easy-to-clean!!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living