SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danaoh_gw

first craft show report

danaoh
17 years ago

Well, it was lousy! I sold $9, the table cost me $5, and I was so cold I bought a mocha coffee for $3.20 - guess I actually made 80 cents.

It was held at a YMCA on a Saturday morning. Turns out we all were in the halls - at least I was second from the front door - even though it made it pretty cold. But people down the side halls had no traffic. We only had about 7 feet long to use, both sides of the hall were used so each crafter just put up one table and tried to squeeze a chair in somewhere. Also, the electric went out for a couple of hours, so the lady with the wine bottles and glass blocks with lights didn't do anything then, after the elec came back she sold 1 bottle and one glass block I think.

I am not going to let it discourage me - I thought it would be well advertised, my mistake. I think the only traffic we had was people taking kids to class (hurry, hurry we are late and after class we have to go to soccer), or people going to work out (very focused - get in and get out). I will be doing a "real" craft show on the 11th. One where people are there because they want to go to a craft show, not because they just ran into it.

The jewelry lady next to me sold one pair of $6 earrings. The Book lady looked like she was doing ok, probably because so many moms were at the Y. The rose lady (with smelly sticks, it was a long day with that smell beside me) sold a few - they were 50 cents for one.

Will let you know about my next one on the 11th - if it doesn't go well, I give up, and my family and friends will be getting dang it dolls and cake in a mug and bowls made from records.

Comment (1)