SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

HELP . . . New Anti-spyware Has Screwed Up My Laptop!!

lynninnewmexico
12 years ago

. . . HELP!!!

I read through all your recommendations on the Anti-spyware thread here yesterday. I then uninstalled my old Norton Antivirus software, installed both Super Antispyware and Malwarebytes. Ran them both using their long /total scans . . . and now my laptop keeps turning itself off every 2 minutes or so!

And, the Super Antispyware keeps popping up up the same box asking me if I would like to download the newest version. OMG, I just downloaded the last version yesterday afternoon! I did click "Yes" the second time the box popped up. It did something to my laptop, but the very same box keeps popping up.

I did run a quick scan with both the MWB and SASW this morning to see if either of them could pick up a stray worm, etc. Both scans came out negative.

Something is very wrong and I have no idea how to fix it myself.

Oh, and the Super Antispyware will not allow itself to be uninstalled! I am really stressed out and concerned that some thing has ruined my laptop.

I was thinking that perhaps I should go back to the Super Anti-Spyware site using DH's computer here in the study, and see if I can download the uninstall program for it on a cd and then put that into my laptop to try and uninstall it. The problem is, I'm petrified that it will somehow screw up DH's computer, which he needs for his work. That would be a huge, huge disaster for him and the entire office :~X

Oh and, no, the battery is not dying; it's plugged into a working wall outlet.

I could sure use some advice right about now :~O

Lynn

Comments (15)