SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mysweetkate

Gas range 30' for family, with an under $2k budget. GE or....?

mysweetkate
14 years ago

It's been a few years since I've purchased a gas range, and the one in my new home just gave out. The last range I purchased, 5 years ago for my old house, was a GE 30" freestanding range (white finish), with 5.0 oven capacity, five burners (middle one just a barely-used skinny thing for pancakes), convection, warming drawer, meat thermometer, self-cleaning. I don't recall what I spent then, but know it was under $1500 at the time.

I'd love something similar now, but in a stainless finish. One model I'm looking at is a GE 30" freestanding gas range, model # JGB820SEPSS. Has just about everything my other GE did except the meat thermometer. Everything else seems so expensive.

I'm replacing a slide-in range I inherited with the new house. I really like the slide-in look, and not reaching over pots to adjust the panel. But it appears with the slide-in models the oven capacity maxes out at 4.1 cu. feet (at least in my budget) compared to the 5.0 cu. feet of some freestanding models. And I do miss having that large oven! The slide-ins also appear to be pricier.

Anyone have experience with the above-mentioned GE model (link below)? Any thoughts or direction is appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: GE range

Comments (2)