SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

clinresga or other U-line 2175BEV owners

flseadog
15 years ago

Good morning and Happy Holidays! We are about to order the U-line 2175BEV panel ready undercounter beverage center. We specified this when we ordered our kitchen cabinets so we already have the trim panel on order for the front although if there is a compelling reason not to get this beverage center I would pick another. So the first question is, is there a compelling reason to go with something else?

This beverage center really will be for beverage storage and not food so I'm not worried about that but I would like to keep pitchers of iced tea or lemonade in it. Does the shelf height accommodate a tall pitcher or bottle of soda? I just measured my tallest pitcher and it's 11 inches high but I don't have any 2 liter bottles of soda in the house to measure right now. From the pictures on-line its hard to tell the distance from the middle shelf to the wine storage area.

Does anyone know how the handle is attached to the trim panel and/or the refrigerator? I would like to get a handle to match my other cabinetry but if it must be attached through the refrigerator door I suppose that would limit me in terms of size of handle. DH says I shouldn't worry and that probably I can just attach one of the matching knob pulls I'm using on the kitchen drawers. But, I do worry that a knob pull wouldn't be hefty enough for even the smallest refrigerator door. Hope this question makes sense---I guess the basic question is, are there pre-drilled holes in the door and does the handle need to match up and go through the panel and the door?

Last question: the installation manual gives elaborate instructions on how to stain the wine shelf fronts to match the cabinetry but says nothing about painting to match. My cabinets and the panel will be white. Should I just plan on using a latex paint and following the staining instructions otherwise or do they really mean to imply that no paint is acceptable?

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Comments (6)