SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkliveng_gw

NC 1st Floor Plan Review

jkliveng
9 years ago

Hello everyone,

Below is the first floor of the plan I have been working on. I will be building on a sloped wooded 15 acres in the middle of NC. House will be a 2 story saltbox style with a basement. Garage will be to the right, and will not be attached. Also to the right about 100 yards is a barn we are currently building.

Lifestyle wise, there will be 2 adults and a dog during building, and children after. We are cookers, hunters, gardeners, and overall messy people. We also entertain frequently.

Problem area for me is the powder room and basement stairs. I would really like a door to the basement. As seen, the basement door is 30 inches and powder room 28. Most the measurements are right, but a few are off a ft due to floor planners auto snap, example being the mudroom length.

The line parallel with the island represents the edge of the top story if we decide on a two story area.

Please let me know your thoughts and let me know if I have overlooked something! The kitchen plan has been through the kitchen forum.

- JK

Comments (12)