SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi922

What to replace my electrolux dw EWDw6505GS0 with?

mimi922
12 years ago

Major dilemma for me. I have owned this electrolux wave touch dishwasher for a year and a half. We built a new home and I bought the electrolux French door wave touch fridge with ice maker, double wall ovens wave touch and the matching dishwasher. I have open concept home. To date all 3appliances have had service but the worst to date has been the dishwasher. It looks very nice but was not cleaning, first call. The wash arm was replaced on the top rack. Then in November, it sprung a leak. The service people had to replace the door gasket 3 times as that

where it was leaking from. At same time they changed the hoses and other parts to address the cleaning issue. This took about a month to fix

as they could not get the gasket to fit right. It was fixed just in time for

Xmas. During the first use after all this time, I noticed it was not as quiet

as it used to be. You could barely hear it before,u actually had to put your

ear to it to check if it was running. After this last service call, the

dishwasher cleans and drys great but it now makes an irritating hum

which you can hear all throughout the great room. It is annoying. I called

coast appliances extended warranty service to book another service call

and they dispAtched a tech to come out. I was advised it may be power wash motor replacement and would have to wait for coast to approve repair. I got a call few days later and have been advised that I would be

given a replacement or a credit of my purchase price less taxes and

extended warranty cost. I am very thankful for having bought extended

warranty as I can personally say I have no luck with my appliances. I am

now looking at what to replace it with. Here is my thoughts as well as

dilemma. I like the electrolux features. It uses a fan dry like Melile, has

nice blue light that shines on floor to let us know when dishes done. So

looking for something similar. I research and think Bosch, the new Bosch

dw line has been changed and newest is Bosch 800 plus model

shx9er55uc. These new models are 39 dc so really quiet but Bosch has

taken out the heat coil and the fan dryer out of these new models and

uses Hotwater in rinse to dry dishes. Dw have to be left closed till dry and

if door not opened after an hr or so it takes to condensation dry the

dishes get wet again. As well there has been complaints about smell in the

Bosch due to standing water from condensation drying. This is too complicated for me so have ruled out bosch. Next I consider K.A. Kude70

, top of line k.a. But has side vent , I checked and it is there and I have

been advised that this is design flaw. So have ruled that out as I don.t

want to deal with damaged cabinets. Next comes Meile. I live in

Saskatchewan, Canada and read in forum that servicing is poor as no local Meile technician. I was looking at Meile dimension g5505. With 5 yr warranty as I really have. O luck with appliances. Cost is pricey. I am

looking at just under $3000.00 which includes tax. This would mean me

paying another $1300 more to switch. Also have read Meile is not true

24" but is 60 cm so will have to get something to fit the small gap. I sure

can't get my cabinet redesigned for this. I really don't want to spend all

this money to not be better off. I am almost thinking of just keeping my electrolux and just dealing with the annoying humming for the hour or more as it is running? Any feedback would be terrific.

In case anyone is wondering about the other electrolux, they work fine so far. My wall oven wouldnot turn backmon after the first self clean. They had tompull the whole unitmoutmofmwall and put two gasketsmont both thermostats to prevent this occurring again. I was told this is common problem for most wall ovens. They overheat during self clean. They now work fine. I really like the ovens cooking. The clock though runs 5 min fast no matter how often I change the time. I really don.t want to call for repair service. The tench door fridge ice maker had 2 service calls due tomit not making ice and then freezing up. They were able to fix and fridge works fine. The dishwasher is the only major issue. I used kitchen aid for my built-in induction cooktop as I did not like the look of the electrolux stovetop.thought I would include these comments in event anyone was wondering. Really looking dorwardmto advice on what to do with dishwasher.

Comments (5)