SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlb1003

Help! Too many nice appliances in small kitchen?!

jlb1003
12 years ago

Hello: We decided to downsize and moved from a large house/ large kitchen (Miele wall oven, Dacor 6 burner range, Advantium) to a much smaller "cottage" on the lake. We are almost empty nesters. I am a very serious cook and like to eat healthy, can vegs, entertain, etc. But, in the spirit of downsizing, I decided I would downsize my appliance budget too. Thus, on my wish list: Decent wall oven, induction range, and recently found a Gaggenau Combi Oven steamer a couple of months ago. Tonight, I went to a local appliance store and found the Electrolux Icon floor model Walloven (a top choice of mine after researching options) marked down substantially. The sales people offered me several additional great deals, including a 30" Electrolux Induction cook top for $750 (the 36" GE one was on sale for $1800) and a 24" Vicking range with a wok burner for $999 (regular $4200). It seems the market is incredibly soft here and they are transitioning their high end appliances and saw me as the type of buyer who might take these items off of their hands.

What to do?? This is almost too good to be true -- because I did not expect to get all of the appliances which really were on my "nice to have" list at such amazing prices. WIth the smaller induction cooktop, I could have the gas wok range top and use it for canning, cooking and the oven will also serve as a second oven.

I've not finalized the kitchen layout yet -- but could obviously fit these appliances in -- at the expense of some cabinets. And, what to do about a hood? I don't really want to put the 24" range & 30" cooktop under a 54" range... that would really reduce my cabinet space. I already have a window planned nearby. Could I have a small hood above the range and have the cooktop adjacent, but in front of a window?

Any other advice??? Is the Electrolux induction cooktop decdnt? Please help! I'm blessed with too many options!

Thank you!

Comments (15)