SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ostrich0001

Help with Electrolux icon dual fuel range!!!

11 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I am hoping that you can give me some advice please.

I have a 14 month old Electrolux Icon free-standing range (model # E30DF7CGPS) and I use the gas stoves frequently, but I rarely used the oven at all. I have always thought that the convection fan was quite noisy but somehow I never thought much of it, esp. since the oven has been working quite well.

However, over the last month or so, I have noticed that the noisy convection fan has been causing a lot of smoke inside the oven. Last time I used the "convection roast" setting to roast some chicken legs in, the entire kitchen was filled with smoke!!! It was ridiculous. It also somehow sprayed the grease all over the oven, so I had to clean it out immediately. Today, I was going to try the oven again. I turned it on to "bake" and within minutes, the entire oven was filled with smoke again, even before I put the chicken inside. BTW, the inside of the oven was quite clean so there was no excessive grease at all and I could blame any grease for it. It was so bad that I had to abandon the attempt.

I am wondering what is going on here? Please advise! It's super annoying that it's just over the 1 year warranty period - I certainly did not expect anything like this from the Icon series! Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (15)