SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lainielady_gw

Totally unresponsive from sleep/hibernate

lainielady
15 years ago

This computer is only a couple of weeks old and I really like it: Dell Inspiron 530, Vista Home Premium 64 bit, 4 GB Memory, 640 GB Hard Drive, Intel Core 2 Quad processor.

I have a question...couldn't excatly figure it out from previous posts about this problem, guess I'm too much older, too long retired and need step by step directions. Yesterday, after being placed in sleep mode, I couldn't get it to come out of sleep or maybe it is called hibernate status. I thought it was entirely broken. I finally did get it shut down (it really didn't want to do anything) but after booting back up it returned to sleep state....then fan started racing. I finally got it shut down again...it didn't want to respond to that either. This went on for about 20 minutes or so, back and forth.

Finally, somehow, it recovered, (I almost didn't!). It was very slow to wake itself up once it began. Then, on screen was a Catalyst TM Control Center box. I finally figured that appears if you right click on screen.

I did put it entirely down last night and it booted up okay this morning.

I would be most appreciative if anyone can tell me exactly what I need to do to avoid this happening again. I am afraid to place it in sleep mode and just let it sit until it puts itself to sleep. I realize the same thing might happen again even doing that. Please help. Thanks - Elaine

Comments (16)