SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laino_gw

anybody else have a new dishwasher that stays wet inside?

laino
14 years ago

Bought a new dishwasher, it stays wet inside unless the door is left slightly open. I am not talking about the underside of cups or bowls that have edges that can collect water, or even plastics, I expect there will be some water in those instances. I mean the tub itself, sides and top, also, the bottom of the door. I have tried different detergents and different rinse aids, and the amount of the rinse aid, because it is adjustable in these new ones. The store did exchange for a different one, but it is the same issue, actually worse. Even wetter. On telling the fellow at Sears that did the reorder, said he had never heard of this issue. He called some people he knew in the business and they said they had never heard of this issue. They put in a call to the Maytag rep, but haven't heard back yet. I said I had read online of people having the same problem and he said so you won't be able to buy a dishwasher then that ends dry. I told him not so. my brother in law bought a GE within this last year, about 500$, stainless steel tub. It's dry when the cycle is done. My niece has a 3-4? year old whirlpool quiet partner2, it's dry when done. He said he goes by consumer reports, but those aren't the real world issues that seem to come from forums such as these or through reviews. I bet most of the complaints on these machines, never get heard by their makers.

Any suggestions or ideas?? I would appreciate hearing from anybody with the same sort of issue and any brand names and/ or models. Or any links to pages talking of such issues.

Comments (151)