SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chery2

grosgrain hairbow?

chery2
18 years ago

Saw an adorable wide-grain black w/ big white polka dots grosgrain hairbow in a pricey children's shop. I BOUGHT a black velvet jumper for my almost-3 granddaughter b/c it was 70% off, but the bow was too much. I've found the wide black ribbon, and I can probably make the white polkadots with a pencil eraser or something, but I need a pattern. Tried a couple of websites, no help. Anyone? Thanks in advance -- chery2

Comments (18)

• sea_shell
    18 years ago

Hope this helps you. Their instructions say glue the bow to the barrette, I have also seen them wired.

Here is another site, no photos, driections only.

http://pa.essortment.com/howtomakehair_rhjh.htm

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Hair bows

• Adella Bedella
    18 years ago

My step-sister makes bows. I think she uses E6000 to glue them. She also uses wire.

To makw the bows curly, you wrap them around something like a dowel stick and heat them in the oven. The link below is a thread I found at another website on how to make hairbows. If you like the curly bows, look up 'corkers'.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hair bows.

• chery2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the links, Ladies! That's all I need. chery2

• mehsey
    16 years ago

If you are interested in reasonable priced bows and don't want the hassel of making it yourself come check out my site. I love making hair bows and I offer reasonable prices with free shipping. my link http://www.loopdeloophairbow.com

Come and check me out!
    Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Loop de Loop Hair Bowtique

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

oh making bows for my granddaughter was the beginning of my jewelry making obsession..lol I use fabric tack and floral wire.

Here is a great site...
    http://bowdesigns.50webs.com/index.html

https://www.theribbonretreat.com/custom/free_projects.aspx

and there is a whole community for hair bow makers and I can't seem to find the link to share with..it's fabulous!

ginger

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

sheesh finally I found it...

Here is a link that might be useful: hipgirlclips

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Thanks Honeysuckleridge, the first one didn't work for me, but I loved the 2nd one--such nice step by step directions with pictures. And how fun that there is actually a forum for making hair bows! I bookmarked the site so I can gather some ribbons to give it a try, would be perfect for my little GD. Luvs

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

Check out that first one again when you get the chance seems her bandwidth was over the limit for the day.

Enjoy making them they are so addictive especially when get in the groove of doing them and can make them while riding in the car..lol

good luck,
    ginger

• zshopper
    16 years ago

I have a 9 month old granddaughter and she has little hair. I found this velcro bow which was adorable but cannot find it in any store where I live. Any ideas where I can find it online?

• jenni_ca
    16 years ago

zshopper, you can glue a small piece of velcro to any bow and make your own. You could use a glue gun or FabricTac.
    If you do that then you could make any bow you bought easy to use in her hair.

• perk2
    16 years ago

I have even used that rubbery shelf liner and glued it on the barrettes. It really holds fine hair.

• mehsey
    16 years ago

If the clip is lined with velvet ribbon the hair clip will not slip from fine hair.

Here is a link that might be useful: Loop de Loop Hair Bowtique

• artisticdesigns
    16 years ago

Magnetic bows work really well for fine hair. I can easily add them to any clip or bow. You add it to top and bottom and cover them with ribbon. Visit my site www.briannesing.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.briannesing.com

• trimweaver
    15 years ago

Hello,

Trimweaver has many high quality Hair Bow Making supplies. Please see our website www.trimweaver.com. These supplies include grosgrain ribbon, swiss dot ribbon, satin ribbon, metal snap clips, french barrettes, pinch clips, plastic headbands, appliques, and flatbacks. Many different products to make your own unique designs.

Trimweaver

Here is a link that might be useful: trimweaver

• jenniswift_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

Did you try http://www.LearnHowToMakeBows.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Learn How To Make Bows

• bob_houseofribbon_com
    15 years ago

Hi,

This place has that ribbon. I buy from them they have really reasonable prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grosgrain Ribbon

• wwwgregn21_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I just saw a site that I loved. She makes some gorgeous bows and the most adorable little clippies that I have ever seen. www.emilyshairbows.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Emilys Hairbows

• bulldinkie
    13 years ago

What I do ,if thats the one you like take it apart,remember how it was made ,but takeit apart.One year we went to apple harvest festival.That had a 100 dollar wreath there I wanted but at the time I didnt have 100 for a wreath I went over checked it out went home and made one .It didnt cost me 100 Ive made some really beautiful ones since,dried flower wreath.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living