SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bungalowsteve

Extreme Home Makeover

bungalowsteve
16 years ago

So a convoy of trucks moved into our neighborhood last week as our kids swimming teacher was selected to be on the show. Streets blocked and lights and generators all hours of the night. Quite the production.

It seems like a lot of parents in our local grade school has volunteered on the home this last week as the single mom has 4 kids in the school. We have had terrible weather and they had to put off the "move that bus" scene until sometime tomorrow as they aren't done yet and need another night to try and catch up. Thunder and lightening may have also contributed. A frantic newscast a few days ago had them asking for anyone and everyone to come and help.

I'm a bit suprised as the house is in a high priced neighborhood with some pretty high land values. I don't think they choose entirely based on need but thats a whole other story. It's a 50-50 split around here as to whether this is deserved or not.

I was also a bit dismayed that they actually did more interior damage to the house prior to demo so it would look worse for tv. I shouldn't be suprised I'm sure this happens a lot.

Should be on TV in November or December.

It's difficult to see a house go up in just a week when we have been at it for two months and still have another 8 to go. I think last week we got our first floor walls framed and the second floor decked. If we only had the 400 volunteers to move down a few blocks we would be in by Halloween.

Comments (22)