SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrissycat28

Vent hood height problem

Chrissycat28
11 years ago

I am remodeling my kitchen. I purchased a Whirlpool Gold vent hood (30") to go above my new Electrolux 30" Induction range. Now that my contractor has finished the cabinet work, the vent hood is too long to fit in the space and still be 24" or more over the cook top. The space I have to put a hood in is 40" across (cabinet to cabinet) and 46" tall (soffit to cook top). I have my heart set on a chimney type vent hood with glass because I wanted to have it be a focal point with glass tile behind it. The hood would work if my contractor would agree to remove the soffit above the stove but he is ready to finish up and leave this job. (He's been here 3 months so we are ready for it to be done too!)

The hood would also work if I could have the chimney cover cut down about 6 or 7 inches at a metal shop but that would void the warranty. I cannot find any other chimney type hoods that are short enough. I'm at a loss and was hoping someone has some advice for me... :)

ETA: I have decided that a 36" hood would be better after reading online that it should be bigger than the cook top. Whirlpool makes the same model in a 36" so I could exchange the one I bought for a wider one. That still doesn't help with the height problem.

Comments (3)