SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Need to backup one of our programs

jenn
16 years ago

Last year I acquired (legally) a very expensive computer program from a friend. She was a distributor of this program at one time and the company gave her about a dozen copies to give away as she wished. I am one of the lucky recipients.

She sent me the zip file which I extracted and started the installer. I had to call her so she could give me a code on the phone. It was a very long number and I did not write it down, but the code enabled me to complete the installation. I imagine the code would come with the purchased product.

I'm afraid that if we have a computer crash I will lose this tool. I'd like to preserve it somehow... but how?

The only way I can think of is to get an external hard drive and do a full back-up of our entire system (minus directories that contain photos and music files which are backed up elsewhere). I don't know where that code she gave me might be stored, and if I just backup the folder that contains the program files they may not contain the code.

Does anyone know the best way to preserve this program so I can recover it if needed?

Comments (4)