SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
formerlyflorantha

Immersion blenders--what's worthwhile, what's needless expense?

formerlyflorantha
13 years ago

My daughter has requested an immersion blender for Christmas present. Have been looking online. She stipulated one with "extra parts" or something like that, a set of add-on gizmos.

An hour online has brought me to the Kitchenaid KHB300OB. Prices range from about $90 to $120 plus shipping if online. Zowie! Higher than I expected.

Would appreciate consumer reportage about this product and any others on the market that you know well. What's actually worthwhile in a product like this and what is just glitz? Will this product be a substitute for a blender for many activities? Assume a pretty good cook, not a bartender. She likes to work with fresh vegetables and makes frostings, sauces, and food experiments I cannot put a name to. Loves to bake.

Would also like to know good resource for buying/ordering as inexpensively as possible--with shipping, since this will be sent to Alaska. I usually use flat rate shipping boxes from Post Office if I buy things to mail. Worst case price is about $13.50 for biggest box.

Thanks for any help. --F

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Aid Immersion Blender with Whisk and Chop Package

Comments (22)