SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flyersmom1

Your thoughts on selections for remodel

9 years ago

We are in the process of finalizing appliances and design for a complete kitchen remodel. We are empty nesters that absolutely love to cook and entertain often. After reading the extremely helpful info here on GW we have decided so far on:
SubZero 42" French Door refrig.
BS 36" six burner rangetop ( We can't wait to start cooking on this!!)
BS 30" electric French Door wall oven
Miele speed oven...still trying to decide between Chef and Masterchef. We have always had double ovens plus a microwave so having one oven and a speed oven makes so much sense. I just have concerns about the learning curve with using a speed oven. I would rather save $$ where I can and leaning toward the Chef. I was considering the Advantium ( still $$) but have concerns with Electrolux buyout. And then there is Electrolux as a possibility. I still need to read more on the speed ovens but would appreciate any thoughts.
The French Door Refrig will be right next to the ovens. We are paneling the refrig so as not to have three different stainless steel appliances next to each other. We really would like the speed oven (guessing Miele) above the BS wall oven. Any thoughts on how this will look?? We would have to use the trim kit on the Miele speed oven or another possibility would be to have the speed oven moved under the counter. For those that have it under counter do you have any problems seeing it? My eyes are not like they used to be!
Still doing my homework on the vent for the 36" rangetop...36 or 42, etc. and also a Miele DW as a possibility.
After 25 years in our kitchen we are looking forward to a total redesign so it can accommodate all the above! And thanks to all the GW people for such valuable info and thoughts.

Comments (6)