SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris03_gw

BlueStar Owners with LP

chris03
14 years ago

I am considering purchasing the RNB30 and have been avidly reading the postings on BlueStar ranges, which have been very helpful. I saw a live one at my local dealer a few days ago and was favorably impressed. Could those owners who have the LP version comment on whether you think you have experienced any reduction in BTU capacity vs. the natural gas version? I know the BlueStar website says that you have the same BTUs with the LP version. I saw the GardenWeb posting about problems with a unit that was converted from natural gas to LP, but I have not yet found specific comments on how well the LP version works.

Because I have an all-electric house, LP is my only option. I couldn't even get the local gas company to give me a call back when I left a message about bringing a natural gas line to my home. I was originally considering induction ranges, but have not found one with the hob configuration that I like. I am an avid cook and have always wanted a gas range. The 22,000 BTU burners really sold me on the BlueStar, so I want to be sure nothing is compromised by going with the LP model.

Comments (17)