SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hedygs

Help! Need undercounter bar fridge

hedygs
14 years ago

that won't break the bank.

We are finishing the basement and are including a bar area. We had purchased a bar fridge that we thought would work but finally read the installation instructions and it says it must be used as a freestanding fridge. Now after checking most of the inexpensive ones cannot be used under counter unless there are a gazillion inches of air space around them.

Are there any that are not ridiculously expensive? I would rather not spend a ton for such a fridge. I had a space of 21" set aside but now I don't know if I need at least 24". I had also hoped for stainless or stainless look. Should we consider a beverage cooler? I know that HD had one that had vents on the bottom so I think that would work. It was pretty pricey mind you and I wondered if I would miss the small freezer some have on top?

Any that you can think of? (Oh and I did try to convince DH that we should revamp the layout and go for a fridge drawer but his eyes starting bugging out of his head and I worried about a heart attack so I told him I was kidding...

I wasn't really. :) )

Thanks.

Comments (7)