SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjb3ip

Major Kitchen Remodel - Need Appliance Help

sjb3ip
13 years ago

We are doing a major kitchen remodel and I have narrowed down my choices for appliances, but now need some help making the final decision. I�m hoping that all of the knowledgeable posters here on GW can help me out!

48� Range:

I had pretty much decided on a gas Wolf range (though no decision on grill, griddle or French top) until I saw recent postings about the Capital Culinarian (I don�t know how much it is and if it�s in my price range). Is there a huge difference between the two? What is Capital�s reputation on their previous products?

Up to 48" Refrigerator:

We have room for a 48" refrigerator, but because I don�t like the side-by-side format I am very limited to 3 bottom freezer models. One is out of the question because of price � the Sub Zero Pro at a whopping $15K. The Liebherr is essentially 2 24" refrigerator/freezers sitting next to each other which means there�s a panel separating both sides ( I think it defeats the purpose to have such a big fridge if you�re limited to only 24 inches on either side). The last and seemingly only option is the KitchenAid 42". Does anyone have any strong opinions or ideas here?

30" Wall Oven/Microwave/Warming Drawer

I am debating between the Wolf trio of appliances or the Miele. The Miele seems to have a big and strong fan base, while I haven�t heard much about the Wolf. Of course the Miele also has the rotisserie feature which is appealing. I�m not sure if either one of these ovens can be programmed to turn on by itself. Can anyone recommend something better than these two?

Dishwasher

I just want something functional that cleans well and doesn�t have to have a ton of bells and whistles.

Thanks!!!

Comments (7)