SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shaxhome

Belarc Query

When I just checked my Belarc log, it informed me that I have 11 missing Microsoft security hotfixes, of which 7 are important and 2 critical. However, when I check my Windows updates, they tell me that I'm up to date!

Who should I believe?

Regards,

Shax

Comments (9)

• DA_Mccoy
    14 years ago

Have you clicked on the "details" of the reported missing fixes to see as to what they pertain to? I'm going to take a chance here and guess they are for an Microsoft Office application that you have installed on your system. If I am correct you have to configure the update utility to include Office or go to the Office update website.

DA

• shaxhome (Frog Rock, Australia 9b)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

DA...you are indeed correct! I don't use Office, preferring Open Office, but s'pose I may as well keep up to date as you suggest.

Regards,
    Shax

• DA_Mccoy
    14 years ago

I have Office 2007 on this system as a promo/limited product. I too use OO all the time so I don't even worry about updating Office. For me Belarc reports 9 updates required; six important and three critical.

It is your choice whether to update or not.

DA

Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, coincidentally, Windows has just started automatically downloading updates for Office/excell/word etc.... 338Mb!!! There goes my monthly ration of 500Mb...

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    14 years ago

any that you do not want it to download you can mark them to ignore at the windows update website that way it will not show those in the future.
    Do you have it set to just automatically download them and install them? I set mine to notify me only not download or install.

Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, auto...I do have another 500Mb "off-peak", so after 11pm now (yawn...gotta get up at 5am) and downloading 'em while I sleep!
    Am never sure which ones I need or not, so just get them all!

Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, auto...I do have another 500Mb "off-peak", so after 11pm now (yawn...gotta get up at 5am) and downloading 'em while I sleep!

Original Author
    14 years ago

Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry!