SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeff8407

Food Processor--Robot Coupe or Waring Commercial

jeff8407
14 years ago

My Cuisinart died today. Does anyone have experience with heavy-duty processors?

Comments (3)

• plllog
    14 years ago

I don't have the experience, but I've been leaving your topic alone for someone who does, and no hits. Robot Coupe are the go to people for food processors. Cuisineart was originally made by them, KitchenAid was originally made by them, Magimix is made by them.. When companies want to make a food processor they go to Robot Coupe. I've had lust for a wide feed Magimix (which I don't need as my old Cuisineart is perfectly good for my needs).

Waring make good, solid, middle of the road appliances. Nothing wrong with them. No lust factor.

The feed tube is important, however. Do check that and how it suits your needs no matter what you choose.

• John Liu
    14 years ago

I have no experience w/ Robot Coupes but this thread, and this video (below), are threatening to cost me too much money.

Here is a link that might be useful: This Video Will Flatten Your Wallet

• gbsim1
    14 years ago

I've had a Robot Coupe since the mid 70's and love it. The bowl broke a few years ago and I purchased a Viking.... hated it. Didn't like the lid and "safety" features of the Cuisinarts. After a few months, I found a place that sells discontinued appliance parts, bought a new bowl for the RC and sold the Viking on ebay,

The home version of the RC stopped being made after a while and now they are only commercial from what I understand. However, home RCs are now finally available again in the US rebranded as Magimix (which is I think the name that RC always went by in the UK). I believe that cooks.com sells them. That's what I'll be getting if my oldie ever gives up and quits on me!