SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polarprincess

Question about HD storage

polarprincess
14 years ago

I will also post this on the photography page but am looking into buying either a new digital camera with HD video capabilities or something like a kodak Z18 hd videocam, but i cannot seem to figure out how and where these videos are stored after taking them. The description mentions that with a cord you can watch them on your HD TV, but I am assuming you must be able to load them up to your computer and then make a DVD or blu ray disc or something with them? Of not, then i don't get what is the point of having them at all? I tried to google this question and i got some stuff about using a software called pinnacle, but i didn't understand one iota of anything else.

Can you just upload them and store them right on the hard drive? If so does this take up a huge amount of space? I am not interested in storing anything on a portable hard drive because i hear of them failing all the time, and i guarantee i would lose it.. So what are my options? I am wondering if i should just stick with my regular videocamera that has DV tapes. Thanks for any info you can offer

Comment (1)