SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eastcoastmom_gw

Difficulty cleaning blue porcelain Wolf oven interior?

eastcoastmom
14 years ago

Just got a brand new 48" Wolf range -love it, but I'm concerned about cleaning the blue interior and wondering if there is something I should be doing differently. I followed the instructions for before first use (500 degrees on convection roast for an hour after rinsing out with mld soap and drying with a cloth). That is supposed to get rid of any left over oil from manufacturing. The first dish I made in the oven was a simple chicken dish I've made countless times before. There was some spillover and I immediately wiped off what I could afterwards, but not all of it would come off. I didn't think anything much of it and decided it would be a good time to do a test drive of the self clean feature. Put it through once and most, but not all of the oil stains disappeared. Near the door, there were still several areas of baked on black stain, that try as I might would not budge. Also some of the spillover got onto the stainless steel strips on the back of the door - these would not come off either.

I put the oven through a second self clean and these areas still remained.

Are these blue interiors really hard to keep clean? Does it sound like something is wrong with the self-clean? Anything I could try to use on this? Manual says mild abrasive only - do they mean something like soft scrub? Anything else I could use? These dark spots are like a layer of baked on grease that is crazy glued on.

My old Thermador oven self cleaned perfectly every time and when a lot more left on the inside than this. It seems as if all the remaining stains are nearest to the door. Could it be it's not getting hot enough over there? Anyone have any idea what may be going on? I will definitely call the store and Wolf to get some insight. Meanwhile, I think this is s..l..o..w..l..y.. coming off, but if this is what it's going to be like to keep clean it'll be quite a challenge. I do think something is wrong here, though.

Comments (34)