SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbwaldrop_gw

Help!!! Wrong Interior Doors Won't Fit Into Pockets

mbwaldrop
13 years ago

My interior doors that I ordered came to the job site incorrect. I refused delivery of the doors which sent the company into a scrammble. I am however trying to work with them on the doors so that I can avoid another delay getting into the house, plus they have offered the doors at their cost. What I ordered was an 1-3/4" flat 3 panel (rectangle on top, small rectangle middle, and square bottom)with an ogee sticking edge. What arrived was the correct flat 3 panel but with square sticking edge. Clearly different! So far the solution has been to add a piece of molding to the flat panel which I was surprised I would like, it gives the door a much more formal feel.

The big issue is that the 4 pocket door frames that are installed are for standard 1-3/8" doors, another mess up on their part, the pocket doors ordered were 1-3/4 but were to be an 1-3/8" because they wouldn't take the same abuse as a regular open and close doors. The raised molding adds roughly 1" to the width of the doors. The pocket frames can be adapted to hold a 1-3/4" door, won't my sheetrocker be happy! Now we have to figure out how to get a 1-3/4" doors with raised molding to fit into the pocket doors, or order 1-3/8" add the raised molding and see if they will work. Certainly I am not the only person to have raised molding pocket doors.

Anyone have a suggestion that would solve my issue. I really think that all the doors and pocket doors need to match. The laundry pocket and craftroom pocket will most likely always stay open, but the dining room clost pocket and butler pantry walk through pocket will most likely stay closed. Plus the butlers pantry door and my kitchen pantry door are in the same hallway and you can see both doors while in the kitchen.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia