SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mudlady_gw

Page size of eBooks.

mudlady_gw
13 years ago

I said I wasn't going to buy one, but I am almost certain I will get a Kindle. I don't need all the extra fancy abilities to do internet stuff--all I need is a reader. That means I will probably get the one for $139. However, I saw a very poor specimen of the Kindle on display at Best Buy and I have some questions. The "sample" was a plastic shell with a printed page that looks like a real page, and does nothing. It was so securely tethered to the display I really couldn't feel the "heft" of it. I expect the 7 inch readers are all pretty light but Kindle has a third--expensive--size that is almost the size of a sheet of printer paper. I think I would appreciate the size because I would choose a fairly large font and still have many lines of text displayed. I am afraid the frequency of page turns of a 7 imch reader might be annoying. The large one is 10 ounces heavier than the 7 inch Kindle but I read curled up in a recliner and I possibly could rest it in my lap. I would appreciate any input from owners of eBooks.

Thanks, Nancy

Comments (8)