SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steelcfo

Viking Electric Wall Oven DEDO530TSS

steelcfo
13 years ago

We finally may be starting to do our reno that we have been planning for over a year. I have been reading this forum over that entire time and thought we had all the appliances picked. Went to order the double Elux wall oven, but the store has a floor model of the Viking DEDO530TSS and offered it to us for the price of the Icon. As a long time reader I knew there have been issues with Vikings, but it seems to be more related to their gas ranges (ignitors and such as well as sometimes questionable customer service). However this model has an infared broiler and so I am re-thinking our decision on the Elux.

I am asking if any reader has this model or any other Viking electric wall oven and would like to know your satisfaction? Have there been issues with the electronic controls and self-cleaning function? Is the infrared broiler advantageous and worth the risk? Although we live in the northern climates, I tend to cook on the grill as long as it is above 0 degrees, so is this something I would use? Even if you don't own a Viking electric but have a friend your comments are welcome as I have done a search and can come up with nothing specific on the reliability of Viking electric ovens. Thanks for all the info I have received over the last year and any help you can provide on this specific item.

Comments (9)