SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sapphires_gw

AVG Test Resutl Question...Exploit

sapphires
16 years ago

Hi,

I did a virus scan and AVG found Exploit. My questions is it says it moved it to the vault. Just what does that mean? Is it gone? What didn't it heal and remove it rather than just putting it in the vault. It was found in two locations.

Documents and SettingsSapphires\ApplicationData\Opera\Opera\Cache4\op003zh.htm and also op003zf.htm

What if anything should I do at this point? Thank you.

Sapphires

Comments (7)

• bob414
    16 years ago

If it moved it to the vault it can't do any harm. Right click on the AVG icon in the systray and click on "launch ave control center' and when the control center screen comes up click on 'help topics' on the left side and when the help screen comes up click on the plus sign in front of 'AVG virus vault' and finally click on 'main screen' to read the information about the virus vault then on 'system menu' for more information.

• sapphires
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi,
    If the virus is put into the vault so you can heal it and then put the files back where belong, then how would I do that? Thank you.

Sapphires

• mikie_gw
    16 years ago

Its a web page from Opera's file cache that you would have deleted anyways. Some page on the net that you visited.
    I certainly wouldnt heal nor return it to the opera internet cache folder.

Actually I'd probably open it in notepad and see if I can remember which web site it came from and remind myself never to go there again, probably block the site in HOSTS for a while.

• bob414
    16 years ago

I agree 100% with mikie, delete it. You can open the AVG control center, click on program > launch virus vault and see the files. If you select one and click on 'action' at the top you will see what actions you can take. If 'heal it' is greyed out it can't be healed anyway, but when I go there I just empty the vault. If it were an important file that I couldn't replace otherwise I would try to heal it if it could be healed only if I couldn't replace it otherwise.

• randy_ca
    16 years ago

I've never had Heal actually fix a file or repair it as you think the word heal means.
    It just removes it from wherever it is and puts it into the virus vault where it is safely locked away.
    From the virus vault, you can delete it or even restore it if you want.

• sapphires
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mikie,
    I would like to open it in notepad, how would I do that please? I noticed the path as indicated is Documents and Settings\Sapphires\ApplicationData\Opera\Opera\Profile\Cache4\op003ZH.htm but when I try to find that path in Explore all I see is Documents and Settings\Sapphires and then the choices are java or cookies or desktop what's up with that?

Bob,
    If you and Mikie think I can just delete it that's what I will probably do.

Thank you all for your help. L@@k out I have a bad feeling I will be back with other issues from this USED NEW TO ME computer.

Sapphires

• mikie_gw
    16 years ago

Delete it, you certainly dont need it.

Probably you need to check this box to see the path;