SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Messages telling me I need Flash & Java - I already have them.

ladyamity
15 years ago

Hello,

I'm baaaaaack! *grin*

Vista Home Premium - IE 7 - HP Pavilion A1710N - Verizon Fiber Optic Connection

Last week I got a message from Windows Defender that a Virus and Trojon were threatening. Message asked me to remove or quarantine.

I removed.

I then ran Super AntiSpyware Free Addition and Spybot S&D, shut down computer when the scans were done and rebooted.

Everything seemed fine.

But now, I've visited a few of my regular sites where I get a message that the page cannot be seen at optimum view without Flash Player or Java.

So I went to both sites and downloaded Flash Player and Java (both free), again shut down computer and a couple days later, turning computer back on and going straight to WebShots, I got the same message box on the Webshots home page.....I needed Flash Player to view the site properly.

I went to Linens & Things (huge sale because they are closing their doors!) and I got the message that I need to download Flash to view the page properly.

So I went to all my other regular sites where I had been getting the messages about Java and Flash and they all still showed the messages.

I went and removed all cookies and temp files thinking I might be getting the earlier cached web sites.

I cleaned, defrag'd, rebooted.

I went into all different files to make sure my Java and Flash were enabled, were running, were not corrupted and everything looks just fine.

Why am I still getting these messages that tell me I need Java and Flash when I already have them?

Does this have something to do with that Trojan I had last week?

Thank you for any and all suggestions/advice you can offer!

Amity

Comments (15)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio