SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mschway

Advantium vs Miele Master Chef Speed Oven

mschway
14 years ago

Hi.

I'm trying to decide between the Advantium 2201 and Miele Master Chef Speed Oven and need some Advantium questions answered (the local sales guy didn't know for sure).

It looks as if the Advantium's turntable can't be disabled. True?

If so, how do you do a single rectangular pan in bake mode? I know there's a rack which fits midway, but the instruction manual says the rack is to be used for two-layer cooking if there's already something on the turntable. GE's suggestion is to use the included round bake pan most of the time.

What happens if I were to use only the mid-mounted rack w/o the bottom pan for bake/broil (not microwave nor combination cook)

Questions about Miele: We don't have a display model in my town, so I can't get a good local answer. They'd be MORE than happy to sell it to me, though. ;-)

Is it true the Miele's MW function doesn't have a sensor? In other words, is it all going to be guesswork for reheating dishes, popcorn, tea water, etc until I get used to the oven? Also, I've HEARD (but not seen) that there's a front panel button to do a quick 30 sec MW. The advantium has it, and if you push it, say, 3 times, you'll be able to do a quick 1-1/2 min MW. Does the Miele's 30 sec button add time cumulatively?

Finally, it looks as if the Miele can be set up for either 120V or 240V without having to order a special model. True? I'd like to run it at 240V.

As always, thanks in advance.

Comments (8)