SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sigh_gw

Suggestions for a tiny bathroom?

sigh
11 years ago

Since I'm being unwillingly dragged into a gut and redo of our downstairs bath I thought that I'd turn to those far more knowledgeable (and likely with much better taste) for advice.

The downstairs bath is a full bath, 5' x 8'. We're taking out the tub & replacing it with a shower. The demon is that there are 22" between the wall and the toilet and I need to fit a sink in those 22". There's a catch...the heating vent is on the wall immediately to the right of the sink so the sink/vanity/bucket-on-a-stand can't go flush to the wall. I'm ruling out a pedestal sink because we need some sort of storage. The vanity that we have in there now is 18" wide and I couldn't go any wider than that.

Pickings for 18" or less are slim to nonexistent. Ikea's Lillangen sink base is 15 3/4" wide but I hate the sink that is made to go with it. I have the idea of using a square, 16" vessel sink on top of the Lillangen...kind of like making it into a pedestal with storage...but there my thought process sputters and dies. I know that I can't be the only person with a tiny bathroom!

Oh yes, the sink and toilet are on the same wall, right next to each other.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz