SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missymar_gw

Yep, we got 'IN' too......

missymar
16 years ago

It was actually on 9-10th! 9 days after the builder thought he'd be done! What a ride - many headaches that final week & many headaches for 2 weeks after moving in! I'll tell you, moving is for the birds! It's definitely not for old people (DH & I are 36 & 37) :). We've discovered muscles we didn't even know we had!

We ended-up moving out of our apt. on a Thurs. after being told that we'd be able to move in on that very next day without any problem. The mortgage broker company dragged their feet......! It wasn't their main concern, they don't care about us spending the weekend in a hotel! Which is what we did - 2 adults & 5, yep 5 kids (in a probably 300 sq. ft. room w/ 2 queen beds & 1 air mattress!) Our delay was with the appraiser doing the final 'sign-off' on the property - the hold-up with that was that we had to wait for the electric company to come (always on their own time) to turn on the electricity (the appraiser couldn't sign off on it 'til then). So, we thought we were good to go & could move on Friday, but no. Anyway, the brokerage co. is reimbursing us for the hotel stay.

The house is BEAUTIFUL! We've waited almost 4 yrs. for this! (We began our build in 5-07), but it took us that long to get there. I promise to post pics soon - but it's just been crazy! Everything is unpacked, no boxes, a few things are on the walls - just gotta get our clothes all squared away.

It is possible & all of the building woes & headaches, it's worth every bit of it! Hang in there!

Comments (7)