SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fiddleddd

Do I really need a 600 cfm range hood for an induction cooktop?

fiddleddd
13 years ago

Hi folks. I'm getting so much conflicting info on range hoods. The people at the big appliance stores are not even very knowledgeable, I'm afraid, so I've been getting most of my info online. We're installing an induction cooktop, which doesn't produce nearly as much heat as a gas cooktop. (somelike 18,000 btu for gas and 2,000 btu or so for induction).

I want a range hood that will remove odors and not leave my kitchen smelling like garlic and onions for days on end! :-) I cook a lot, as many of us on this site do. We're down-sizing to a smaller house, and the number one priority for me is QUIET......low sone rating. Will it be overkill for me to install a 600 cfm range hood? I've been told by some that I may only need about 300 cfm because of the induction cooktop, but I'm not finding any range hoods in that range that seem quiet enough.

This is proving to be the most difficult decision! This, and the sink (of all things). Who would have thought?

I'm interested in a 30" wall-mounted pyramidal style range hood, not too contemporary and not too bulky.

I'd love your recommendations. Thanks!

Comments (37)