SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toadangel

is schluter rondec ok for tile to drywall corner?

toadangel
16 years ago

hi guys - i found my tile yesterday for my shower, but the bullnose is sooo expensive! i am thinking of using the rondec in a shade that matches chrome (bright white tile, chrome fixtures), but I have several places where i may need to put it and I can't really tell if it would function well...

first is an outside corner - one side will be tile from the shower, and around the corner will be plain drywall. would this work? or does it have to have tile on both sides of the corner?

second is where the tile stops in the middle of a straight wall, and drywall will continue straight beyond the tile. i'm thinking i just need some sort of rounded edge instead of the field tile edge... would this work? i may just leave it field tile since i will be putting tall storage there...

finally is the top of the tile, sort of like that straight wall. i plan to run my tile about 7 feet up (8 foot ceilings) and paint above it to the textured ceiling. it's not a huge deal to me to round the tile up that high, but would the rondec work there?

if not, are there other products you'd recommend? it's hard for me to tell exactly what these types of schluter products do just from their documentation

thanks

lisa

Comments (3)