SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mizmom

Finally! Have my Asko ADA (short) dishwasher installed

mizmom
13 years ago

We have had it since last week and so far I love it!

We needed a shorter than normal dishwasher because the tile flooring installed made the available space shorter. There is not much of a selection out there and we had not thought of that when we had the flooring put in. I think when they crammed our old dishwasher back in the space after cutting off the feet, the squeeze made it prone to breaking down frequently. The old Maytag only worked once a week since last year.

Why did we select the Asko?

1=fit...most important

2=price (significantly less than the Miele and F&P dishdrawers installed)

3=Five year free parts and labor warranty.

4=color...it came in black exterior (surprising how many appliances are only in SS these days)...interior is all stainless.

5= Holds a lot of dishes! (and I liked the racks better than the only Bosche option)

6= easy to use controls on the outside with just a few cycles and I can easily keep track of where in the cycle the washing is.

Is it completely silent? No....I still hear water sloshing around, draining and dishes that aren't completely seated rattling. Is it quieter than my old Maytag?...probably but hard to compare since I don't have that one any more. It certainly is very livable and I can talk on the phone standing next to it.

Are the dishes clean and dry?....YES!!!! sparkling and that is the main reason for a dishwasher isn't it?

I do appreciate all the opinions I found on this site. I would have never looked for the Asko without it.

If I think of it, I will report back after a few months to let you know my opinion....after the biggest challenge...Thanksgiving!

Comments (7)