SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ppbenn_gw

Help! I need guidance on which range hood - PrettyPlease.

ppbenn
11 years ago

Ok so the real life people that are supposed to know the answers dont. I know someone here has something to say of intelligence on which I should pick

After much searching I am between:

Best CP45 insert and the Zephyr monsoon DCBL insert. 600 - 715 CFM Price for each around 1200-1300$

I like the Zephyr better it states its quieter and has LCD lighting not sure if its bright enough.

Option to vent out the back

How ever with the Best I can use the Broan MUA thingy and solve the MUA problem cheaply.I'm still shopping for the range, 36" 6 burner no grill,

was leaning toward AGA Pro but want sealed burners.

My HVAC guy is putting in a whole house vent system but nothing that comes on with the range hood specifically, that the inspector informs me I need to have. This is eastern Pa.

If any of you have experience with either of these range hoods please advise.

Also could I use the Broan MUA thingy with the Zephyr? Best/Broan says no. It just has a sensor probe that you attach to vent pipe ABOVE the hood unit that senses air movement and low voltage wire to a damper that allows in outside air when the range hoods running. This ducts into a return air duct to get warmed before circulating back through the house.

Maybe I'm stupid but how would that probe know if it was on a vent pipe ABOVE a Best or Zephyr?

Thanks so much in advance for any and all advice.

Comments (15)