SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mpednault_gw

budget ref, otr micro, gas 30' range and dw

mpednault
12 years ago

So we are buying our first home that is currently being built by my dad. We are on a tight budget (would like be under $3K) but want to select appliances that will last us at least 5 years without any service/repairs. I know, I know, buying appliances, especially on a tight budget is basically a crap-shoot but I'm hoping for some constructive (pun intended) feedback and suggestions for which brands/models we should look into. We don't mind mixing and matching brands but the "look" should be at least similar...

The fridge we need is no more than 33" wide, the range is a free standing, gas 30-incher with an OTR microwave and a 24" built in DW.

We would love to have SS appliances but since cost is a major factor we may opt for the black. NO white or beige! We're partial to Kenmore as we like Sears and our previous costumer service with them as well as their extended service plans. The house we've been renting from my aunt has all Kenmore appliances and they all have performed well without any major repairs for over 8 years. They just work... We've been scouring AJM, Sears and other sites and reading reviews and such but have been struggling to find solid, "Yes, this is the appliance we want" items. So with that said, can you guys help us locate the best bang for our buck for what we need in appliances?

Comments (5)