SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhome410

Viking Oven--Good as it seems? Antts, other experts?

rhome410
14 years ago

I usually ignore any Viking display in an appliance store. Today we were looking at ovens to replace the F&P that is leaving us soon. The salesman, who, compared to others I've talked to over the last few years, seemed to truly know his stuff, steered us toward the Viking. He said they'd worked hard on the oven and that unlike some of their offerings (i.e. fridges), the oven was well-regarded and had 'rave reviews.' It has very sturdy racks, including one full-extension glide rack and the option for more. It has a infrared broiler, reverse air convection with the largest convection fan on the market (not sure if that's a big positive or not), a nice, wide cavity, and tremendous looking fit and finish.

It's not reasonably within my budget, but I had to check in here and see if it's even a decent product worth any consideration, anyway. ;-) (Model VEDO5301)

We also looked at Monogram, about which he was very informative and positive, and we discussed others. But he declared the Viking his favorite, with the Monogram best in its price range. He dissuaded us from Bosch, because of service availability in our location.

Thoughts? Insight? Experience?

Comments (8)