SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary4070

Please help with Master Bathroom design

Mary4070
9 years ago

Hello Everyone,
I have been a long time lurker and big fan of the site. My husband and I are in the process of designing our new home. I was hoping to get some feedback on our master bedroom/ master bath.

Please let me know what we've missed or whatever else may be wrong.
A few questions I have:

1) Do I need a separate linen closet in the bathroom or are dedicated shelves in the WIC enough.

2) Does the bathroom set up lend itself to a spa feeling. What can I do to give it a more luxurious/"wow" feel.
3) Is the WIC big enough? (I think it is for us but I�m concerned about resale down the road.)

4) In the bed room it seems there may be a lot of wasted space the foot of the bed. (Bed room is 14.5 feet wide x 16 feet deep). Should I shift the bathroom wall over a foot or so to get more room in the bathroom or closet? Perhaps place a linen closet in the bathroom. Or should I put the bed against the bottom wall and have more room for the seating area at the bay.

5) Are cathedral ceilings a good idea or should I just go with coffered ceilings or something else.

Also please feel free to comment on the other bathrooms/ other aspects of the floorplan. We are a family with three children 6, 10 & 13. 2 younger boys one older girl.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate everyone�s valuable time.
Mary

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor