SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pussuskattus_gw

Keeping glass mosaic in the shower clean?

pussuskattus
13 years ago

Hello all -

I am thinking about using glass mosaic for my master shower (the gorgeous recycled sumi-e glass by lunada bay tile), but I am concerned about how hard it will be to prevent the water spots and keep it clean.

Our prior master shower was glass doors - which we scraped with the squeegee after every shower and still got spotted - and honed limestone tile, which was a dream - sealed it once or twice over the years and never scraped it down and it looked great. (Of course, the fact that the calcium deposits from the water are essentially the same material as limestone has not escaped my attention! And the honed finish instead of the polished certainly hides things a lot better, too.)

I don't mind the daily scrapedown on the smooth glass doors of the shower, but the glass mosaic will not be smooth and I can't see that scraping that down would be useful (and would also be time-consuming).

Those of you with glass mosaic in your shower - how do you keep that beautiful glass beautiful over the years?

TIA.

Comments (2)