SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edescobar

Dacor vs. GE Monogram Gas Cooktop

edescobar
16 years ago

I am in the middle of making a decision on buying a new gas cooktop for my kitchen. This is not a remodelÂthe kitchen is pretty nice as it isÂI just want to replace an electric glass cooktop with gas. Given that IÂm stuck with the existing cutout, my options are limited, but necessarily bad. The two products that will fit are the Dacor SGM 365 or the GE Monogram ZGU385 and because there is no natural gas in my area, I will be using liquid propane version of each. We do a variety of types of cooking, from searing and stir fries (that I now do on a small propane burner from Smart & Final) to braising and simmering of sauces. ThereÂs a fair amount of chatter regarding the Dacor on the various forums, but little is said about the Monogram series, probably because it has less cache. Some of what IÂve read about the Dacor product is fairly negative. On Epinions there are reports of igniters not working, cracked knobs, and even the stainless steel rusting. Nevertheless, from the point of view of aesthetics, the Dacor is very attractive.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks in advance to everyone who might respond.

Comments (3)