SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lesnyc

Small Bathroom Tile/Design Questions-Long!

LESNYC
16 years ago

Hi! So, I'm brainstorming on ideas for my walls in the bathroom and I'd love some help! My house is a 1945 cabin/cottage weekend house with many renovations over the years! The major thing I've done is put a white beadboard ceiling in the kitchen, and now is time for the bathroom which currently has a rusty modular galvanized steel shower. The bathroom is 5.5 x 6.5. I'll be going with the all white look, subway tile in the tub area, white hex floor. The walls have me stumped! Originally I was thinking of the subway tile half way, but was wondering if this might look to fancy compared to the rest of the house, or get too pricey, or too hard to maintain? Was also considering tiling just behind the vanity wall to the ceiling as mentioned in another thread, or maybe putting wood boards painted white, or just tiling the tub and leaving the walls plain? Would love some suggestions! On another note, the contractor who will be doing the major work (I'll be doing the gutting and tiling btw, and am up for the challenge-I think ;) suggested installing the beadboard ceiling in the bathroom as well. My concern is will the small bath look too busy, and also is it a bad idea to have a wood ceiling in a bathroom? Sorry for the long post, -maybe some pics will help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

Comments (5)