SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisadlu

Need your opinion on bathtub length

lisadlu
10 years ago

I have 92.5" of wall space to work with and am struggling with what bathtub length to go with. We need to build a ponywall to accommodate the tub so here are the two scenarios: (A) Use a standard 60" tub, build a 4.5" wide ponywall, and have a 28" space for the toilet. Or, (B) Use a 54" tub, build a 4.5" wide ponywall, and have a 34" space for the toilet.There is currently a 58" tub in there that is double skirted/aproned and doesn't require a ponywall. If I go back with the 54" tub then my footprint basically remains the same but will it look like a tinkertoy tub even with the ponywall to lengthen it out? With the 60" tub I encroach on the toilet (I think code says you need 30" for the toilet). I am basically set to pull the trigger on the 54" x 30" x 15" tub but am still hesitant it might look ridiculously small. Opinions? By the way, our first thought was to convert to a shower but everyone says you need a tub in the house for resale (this is the only tub in the house but we have never used a tub for the last 20 years).

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH