SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bebotivo_gw

Shower head - To rain shower or not?

bebotivo
13 years ago

We're about to start a bathroom renovation and we are trying to select a shower head. The shower head we select will be the ONLY shower head in the shower.

DH is interested in a rain shower head. I am interested as well but I'm concerned that the pressure will not be enough to rinse shampoo out of my hair.

I've heard that Grohe and Hansgrohe make some smaller "hybrid" rainshower-like heads that also have other sprays. We are looking at two possible heads. The first is the Grohe Rainshower 27 135, which is a 6 inch head with 4 spray patterns (rain, jet, pure, champagne). The second is a Hansgrohe Raindance S 150 AIR which also has a 6 inch head with 3 air-infused sprays (Rain, Balance, Whirl).

Does anyone have any experience with either of these heads? I'm wondering if the additional settings are just hype or if they are truly useful? If neither of these heads will be powerful enough, our back-up plan is to go with a traditional shower head, the Grohe Tempesta, which is 3 1/2 inches wide but has good reviews for its power.

Thanks for any advise!!!

Comments (12)