SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k9fan

matching granite for counter, tub wall, and surround?

k9fan
12 years ago

Yesterday while shopping for bathroom fixtures, my husband and I saw a gorgeous piece of granite on a showroom vanity. The salesman told us the color was "verde esmeralda." After a little research, I seem to find that it is sometimes called "verde smeralda" (strange) or possibly "costa esmeralda." At any rate, I fell in love with its delicate green color and now I'm convinced that this would be perfect surface for our bathroom countertop and also the stub wall at the end of our bathtub as well as the small tub surround. I haven't yet broached this topic with our architect and contractors and have no idea what I might be getting into.

Does granite make sense for surfaces in the bath area? We had actually been intending to use quartz, as it appears to need less care, but after looking at many quartz samples (even the Cambria line), I continue to think that much of it looks like 50's linoleum and all of it has a sameness that leaves me underwhelmed.

Here is a very makeshift picture of our bathroom layout. The vertical surface above the stub wall at the counter end of the tub is a glass block wall.

Comments (3)