SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
californiaplaya

Kohler vs Contractor's Wardrobe vs ??? shower doors

californiaplaya
14 years ago

I am just beginning to start a minor update to my master bath (floor, paint, faucets, mirror, light, etc). I've decided that after 5 years, I'm tired of looking at the ugly 25 year old stuff in there with the thought that one year, I will do a major remodel. So, I'm kind of doing this on a budget with the thought that it is to last a year or two and then if I am still living there, I will do a major remodel. Or if not, it will at least be somewhat modern looking when I decide to sell.

I recently looked at shower doors. I want something nice and functional, but nothing fancy and nothing cheap. Kind of mid grade. This will probably be the most expensive single item in this update and will consume close to half the budget. I looked at Contractor's Wardrobe at Depot and Kohler at Lowe's. CW was a bit more expensive, by about $30 for a similar set of doors. Of the two, CW's 'best' line looked better quality than Kohler. I've got a couple of sets of CW sliding closet doors, one off the shelf and one made to order, and they both work well and seem to be good quality. In a shower door, I'll probably just go with clear glass with a brushed nickel 'frameless' frame.

Does anyone have experience with either of these lines of shower doors or can recommend something else. I'd like just something I can go in and buy and install myself, so I'm really not into having a glass company come out, take measurements, have to go and decide what glass and frame and whatever else I want and then have them installed. Besides, I can't imagine this being any less expensive than doing it myself.

Thanks!!!

Comments (4)